Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Underestimating the Impact on YOUR Life

Casualness leads to casualties. Too often, people underestimate the potential impact a Martial Arts Instructor can have on a child and/or an adult and think just going anywhere for Martial Arts will be "good enough".
This is a TREMENDOUS mistake. It is very important that you select the best school with the very best role models for instructors. No one runs the DIVINE DOJOS and no one is perfect. At the very least, you want to make sure your instructor is practicing what that they preach. If instructors are professing staying in great physical shape, then they better be in great physical shape. Is this a person you want influencing you and/or your child? The Martial Arts Instructor, for better or worse, will have a major, long term impact on you and/or your child's life. Make your selection carefully.

When my parents first enrolled me in Martial Arts back in 1984, they never could have imagined where that first step would lead. Little did they know that I would later become an instructor in the school helping other students make their lives better. Little did they know I would go on to owning the school and eventually opening multiple locations impacting THOUSANDS of lives over the years. If I did not have a great initial experience with a great instructor, I may have never made to where I am and would not be able to help the people we are helping. That's the kind of impact that a good instructor can have.

This photo is of me(right) and my first karate instructor, Scott Santos(left), 25 years since my first formal lesson.

Our mission at American Kempo Karate Academy is to enhance as many people's lives as possible through Martial Arts training. To learn more about how we can help improve your life or the life of your child, visit http://www.akka.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment